CALL TO ARTISTS
July 12th – September 9th
Application Deadline is Tuesday, June 27, 2023 at 8:00pm
We usually think of art as representing an aspect of the real world (a landscape, a person, or even a tin of soup!); or reflecting an experience such as an emotion or feeling. With minimalism, no attempt is made to represent an outside reality, the artist wants the viewer to respond only to what is in front of them. The medium, (or material) from which it is made, and the form of the work is the reality.
Minimalist art is characterized by several factors:
- a variety of geometric shapes and patterns
- as few forms as possible
- few variations in color and shape, used in repetition
- often utilizing industrial, or nontypical, materials
- precise edges and blatant borders
- monochromatism (black/white/grey) is common in this form
- lack of (obvious) meaning or emotion
The Gallery is primarily staffed by volunteers who learn how to interact with art patrons and share their enthusiasm for art.
Every month the Featured Artist Wall highlights one or more artists that are established in the art world or a group of artists, such as those in the Prescott Area Artists Studio Tour or Plein Air Artists of Arizona.